The secrets of a controversial ultra-Orthodox community
Part 1 of article about the community known for their “taliban women”. I’m interested to read the next part, but I’m almost anxious about what I’ll read!
The women are covered from head to toe from the age of three; the community’s leader and his followers have been accused of polygamy, sexual exploitation, and abuse of minors. Haaretz spent five days with the controversial ‘Lev Tahor’ Haredi community in Canada to uncover the truth about the sect and its charismatic head, Rabbi Shlomo Helbrans. Part one of a two-part series. Read more.
9 Notes/ Hide
- basednkrumah reblogged this from haaretz
- salutmonde reblogged this from haaretz
- will-graham-i-am reblogged this from haaretz and added:
- rightofreturn likes this
- girloverhere reblogged this from haaretz and added:
- girloverhere likes this
- escenariosreg likes this
- chavalahh reblogged this from haaretz and added:
- fromstarstostarfish likes this
- haaretz posted this